SEPTEMBER 19, 2014 8:00am – 4:00pm
Sign Up! Want to create a parklet on PARK(ing) Day? Please choose an available parklet location from the list below. Numbers correspond to parklet numbers on the Downtown and West Side maps.
Anyone can host a spot for PARK(ing) Day, including activists, artists, architects, local businesses, and individual citizens. Here’s a list of who will be creating a parklet in September:
- #2 – New Harvest Coffee & Spirits and Carmen & Ginger @ The Arcade
- #6 – John C. Carter & Company
- #7 – Veri | Waterman Associates & Northeast Collaborative Architects
- #10 – IIDA New England
- #11 – AIA Rhode Island Emerging Professionals Committee
- #12 – Rhode Island ASLA
- #13 – The Greene School
- #17 – Roger Williams University AIAS
- #19 – Union Studio Architecture & Community Design
- #21 – Gardner+Gerrish, LLC
- #22 – Birchwood Design Group
- #24 – Partnership for Providence Parks
- #1 – Slang Design
- #2 – The Groden Center Greenhouse
- #6 – DASH Bicycle
- #8 – Climate Anxiety Counseling
- #9 – Peace Flag Project
- #11 – Cluck!
- #18 – Analog Underground
- #20 – New Urban Arts
- #23 – Fertile Underground
Are there any rules about the design of the parklets? We’ve compiled a number of resources to help you plan your parklet. Click on the links below to download.
PARK(ing) Day Resources
- PARK(ing) Day Participant Guidelines
- PARK(ing) Day Manifesto
- PARK(ing) Day Manual
- PARK(ing) Day License
Can’t participate, but want to sponsor PARK(ing) Day? Download this form for our sponsorship opportunities: PARK(ing) Day Sponsorship Opportunities
You can sponsor directly on our online fundraising site at GoFundMe!