|1||111 Westminster Street||URI Landscape Architecture|
|2||130 Westminster Street||Partnership for Providence Parks|
|3||99 Weybosset Street||Hans Vermy|
|4||184 Weybosset Street||BETA Group, Inc.|
|5||188 Mathewson Street||Zipcar|
|6||333 Westminster Street||Northeast Collaborative & Veri | Waterman Associates|
|7||87 Empire Street||AS220|
|8||200 Washington Street||Trinty Rep & DBVW|
|9||160 Washington Street||AIAri EPC|
|10||158 Washington Street||ASLA|
|11||135 Washington Street||The Greene School|
|12||Mathewson Street at Lucie Way||Gravelly Hill Design Group & RGB|
|13||69 Washington Street||RWU Architecture|
|14||140 Union Street||Union Studio|
|15||50 Eddy St||RISD 2nd Life|
|16||225 Westminster Street||Birchwood Design Group|
|17||191 Westminster Street||The Lincoln School|
|1||92 Spruce St||Pastiche|
|2||144 Broadway||Rocket to Mars|
|3||168 Broadway||McInnis Tattoos|
|4||267 Broadway||Dash Bicycles|
|5||486 Broadway||Mi Deleite Restaurant|
|6||486 A Broadway||Nutri Centro Botanica San Miguel|
|7||504 Broadway||Analog Underground|
|8||60 Valley St||Yellow Peril Gallery|
|9||60 Valley St||Just Art Gallery|
|10||1577 Westminster St||Fertile Underground|
|11||865 Westminster St||Classic Café|
|12||717 Westminster St||Ada Books|
|13||705 Westminster St||New Urban Arts|
|14||166 Broadway||The Grange|
|16||Potters Ave||YMCA headquarters|
|1||111 Hope Street||EcoRI|
|2||200 Wickenden St||Utrecht|
What is Park(ing) Day?
Park(ing) Day is a worldwide event for artists, designers, and citizens to transform metered parking spots into temporary public parks. For more information, visit the global Park(ing) Day website.
When is Park(ing) Day?
In 2013, Park(ing) Day is on Friday, September 20, from approximately 9:00am to 5:00pm (times may vary by spot – Parks can only be in the space when it is legal to park a vehicle there.
How many spots will there be?
35 Parklets throughout Providence
Where can I go to see parks?
Parks are located around Providence.
Map of the parklets below.
How do I sign up to host a spot for Park(ing) Day?
All spaces are full for 2013 in the downtown area, thank you for your interest and all those who are participating. We look forward to seeing you next year to sign up for 2014 PARK(ing) Day
Who can host a Park(ing) Day spot?
Anyone can host a spot for Park(ing) Day, including activists, artists, architects, local businesses, and individual citizens.
Are there any rules about the design of the parks?
There are just a few rules:
- There must be a barrier between your park and the vehicular travel lanes, and the barrier must be tall enough that a d river can see it ad know not to swerve into your park.
- No commerce or overt advertising can occur in the park. It’s okay to advocate for an issue, or to say “This park brought to you by XYZ Organization,” but parks cannot look like trade show booths.
- Park construction cannot encroach on vehicular travel lanes, at any height.
- Stay away from corners.
- Parks can only be in the space when it’s legal to park a car there. If the space is subject to rush hour, loading zone, handicapped or valet restrictions, then the park is subject to the same restrictions.
- Rule of thumb: if you can park a car in it, you can have a park in it.