SEPTEMBER 19, 2014 8:00am – 4:00pm
Come out and join us for the second annual PARK(ing) Day Providence!
This year, PARK(ing) Day Providence will have 32 parklets in Downtown, the West Side, and the East Side and a protected bike lane on Broadway. We can’t express our thanks enough to the Downtown Improvement District, the West Broadway Neighborhood Association, the Department of Public Works, the City of Providence, and all of our amazing sponsors.
Check out the maps to plan your tour of the parklets on the 19th!
Anyone can host a spot for PARK(ing) Day, including activists, artists, architects, local businesses, and individual citizens. Here’s a list of who will be creating a parklet:
- #1 – URI ASLA Student Chapter
- #2 – New Harvest Coffee & Spirits and Carmen & Ginger @ The Arcade
- #4 – City of Providence – Office of Sustainability & Healthy Communities Office
- #7 – Veri | Waterman Associates & Northeast Collaborative Architects
- #10 – IIDA New England
- #11 – AIA Rhode Island Emerging Professionals Committee
- #12 – Rhode Island ASLA
- #13 – The Greene School
- #15 – Gravelly Hill Design and RGB Architects
- #17 – Roger Williams University AIAS
- #18 – City of Providence – Planning Department
- #19 – Union Studio Architecture & Community Design
- #20 – NAIL
- #21 – Zipcar
- #22 – Gardner+Gerrish, LLC
- #23 – Birchwood Design Group
- #24 – The Lincoln School
- #25 – Partnership for Providence Parks @ City Hall
- #2 – The Groden Center Greenhouse
- #6 – DASH Bicycle
- #8 – Climate Anxiety Counseling
- #9 – Peace Flag Project
- #10 – Bananas
- #11 – Cluck!
- #12 – Elorza for Mayor
- #17 – Carter’s Permaculture Gardens
- #18 – Analog Underground
- #20 – New Urban Arts
- #22 – Classic Cafe
- #23 – Fertile Underground
- #1 – Blick Art
- #2 – Savannah Carlin @ RISD
PARK(ing) Day Resources:
We’ve compiled a number of resources to help you plan your parklet. Click on the links below to download.
- PARK(ing) Day Participant Guidelines
- PARK(ing) Day Manifesto
- PARK(ing) Day Manual
- PARK(ing) Day License
Can’t participate, but want to sponsor PARK(ing) Day?
Download this form for our sponsorship opportunities
PARK(ing) Day Sponsorship Opportunities
Wondering why the parklet numbers aren’t sequential?
We determine parklet locations long before anyone signs up. Then designers get to choose which parklet spot they want. There are some that no one ever signs up for, and we remove those numbers from the final list because there won’t be a parklet there.